- 500 acre property 5kms from Wanaka with walks and bike trails
- Riverrun borders NZ's largest river, the Clutha
- Architecturally designed, extensive use of recycled hardwood timber.
- Spectacular mountain and valley views
- Relaxed, private luxury, fine food and wine
- Free wifi and guest computer
- Guest mountain bikes, fishing rods, books, dvds, refreshments etc
- Fly fishing, wineries, horseriding, mountain biking
- Canyoning, skydiving, rock climbing, paragliding
- Milford Sound flights and helicopter adventures
- Lakeside walks and day hikes in Mt Aspiring National Park
Honeymoon packages available.
5-7 night winter ski season rates for July, August and September..
Set amidst expansive tussock covered hills of a 500 acre farm estate, with a majestic alpine backdrop; Riverrun is an idyllic country retreat, secluded and peaceful, yet only five minutes drive from Wanaka.
Riverrun is a well designed and purpose built lodge which blends naturally into the surrounding landscape. I was in awe of the rustic, yet very stylish interior, and fascinated by the history behind the natural recycled materials - imposing bridge and railway beams, centuries old kauri panels and uniquely designed and handcrafted iron work.
With two guest lounges and well appointed guest rooms, which either open directly to the verandah, or have impressive mountain views, this is a delightfully spacious, warm and relaxing lodge. Dinner at Riverrun is an occasion as the hosts are well traveled and we spent an enjoyable evening indulging in superb food showcasing fresh local produce and sampling the fine wines that this region is known for.
I felt very welcome, at ease and at peace here at Riverrun. Offering relaxed service, with style and grace; Meg is also very knowledgeable, providing detailed advice on the myriad of activities and sights the region offers.
I wish I had more time to enjoy all that this incredible property offers, taking walks over this stunning estate, or simply soaking in the secluded hot tub - marvelling the spectacular 180 degree mountain view.
Breakfast: Delicious cooked menu selection and buffet
Dinner: Dinner reservations must be made in advance $90 per person
Notes: NZ$380/$480 per night for stays of 3 nights or more.
Children must be at least: 10
Family cat on site
SB = Sofa Bed S = Single T = Twin KS = King Single D = Double Q = Queen K = King SK = Super King
SK/T = Super King converts to 2 singles/Twin R = Rollaway
EN = Ensuite PR = Private GS = Guest Share FS = Famiy Share
View Larger Map
From Wanaka take the Wanaka Luggate Highway (SH84, turns into SH6) for 4 kms. Take a left onto Halliday Roadand driving to the end, through the stone gates, past the farm buildings is the lodge.